Club Extreme Volleyball holds tryouts in accordance with the regulations by USA Volleyball and the Ohio Valley Region.
Getting ready for tryouts
If a player is looking to get into JO volleyball for the first time or is a returning player looking to stay sharp coming out of school season, then come to an open gym.
Club Extreme Volleyball holds a number of open gyms by gender and age group in the weeks prior to tryouts. Coming to an open gym lets Club Extreme Volleyball coaches see the player in action and become familiar with them. In addition, for you as a player, you can get a sense of the Club Extreme Volleyball and see if this is a club you want to try out for.
Please note – a player may not attend an open gym until that player’s school season is done. This is an OVR/USA Volleyball rule and not a specific Club Extreme Volleyball rule. Note this only applies for 7th/8th grade and High School teams, and not younger recreation leagues.
Register for tryouts
If the player wishes to tryout for Club Extreme Volleyball, here are the following steps they need to complete. Please note it is highly recommended to complete these steps before coming to the tryout
- Purchase a Ohio Valley Region (OVR)/USA Volleyball membership. OVR offers a $10 “Tryout Membership” which is the minimum required membership for a player to attend a tryout. This membership additionally covers the player with secondary medical insurance in case of an injury and helps to cover the facility/host club with liability insurance. Later when you sign a contract with a club, you will “Upgrade” your Tryout Membership to a full membership and the $10 is applied towards that full membership.
- Complete the online registration process.
- Review the OVR/USAV Athlete’s Bill of Rights.
Check out the 2021 Tryout schedule for Girls and Boys.
What to expect at tryouts
When you arrive at tryouts, you will be asked to check-in and pay the $15.00 Club Extreme Volleyball tryout fee ( note this is different from the OVR/USAV membership required above ). This fee goes towards the costs of running the tryout.
Then you will be given a tryout jersey with a number and have a picture taken of you. This is used by the coaches to identify the players they are interested in having on their teams. There will also be a number of measurements taken, including height and vertical leap.
After that, you will be placed in a group of players and ran through a number of drills and exercises. Coaches will likely come to chat with you if they are interested more in you, and you may be asked to change groups if the coach is looking to see the player work with players at a different skill level.
At the end of tryouts, there will be an announcement related to the results and team placements.
The results will be announced on the Club Extreme Volleyball website soon after the tryout concludes. A player will either be listed on a team or put in a list of alternates that may be called up if players turn down a bid.
Offer acceptance and next steps
Club Extreme Volleyball offers and acceptance are governed by the OVR/USAV Athlete’s Bill of Rights. Here are a few key points.
- Club Extreme Volleyball will not contact the player after they are notified of their offer to solicit their status ( this is an OVR/USAV regulation ). It is requested that the player notify Club Extreme Volleyball of their decision as soon as possible so they can plan accordingly.
- To accept your offer officially, you will need to send in the Bid Acceptance Form to email@example.com, as well as pay the club fees. Club Extreme Volleyball does not turn away players due to financial hardship – please contact Kathleen Lightfoot if you need to discuss payment options.
- Once accepted, Club Extreme Volleyball will create a player profile on cevohio.org which you can maintain.
Team practices generally start after the holiday season, and your coach will contact you with your practice and tournament schedule. Please let the coach know immediately if there are any tournaments or practices the player is not able to attend so the coach can plan accordingly.
Club Extreme Volleyball will organize optional open gyms for players who have accepted their offer.
If you have any questions on the tryout process, please contact Kathleen Lightfoot at firstname.lastname@example.org or (330) 546-4215.